Graphic design is a career that requires a lot of tools. If you want to work as a graphic designer, you need more than just a laptop and software. You need the best printer for graphic design.
Graphic designers use printers for many different purposes, including printing out layouts, enlarging images and more. If you want to get started in the world of graphic design, it’s important to know how to choose the best printer for your needs.
A good all-in-one printer will be able to handle all of your printing needs — from printing out simple documents to creating high-quality graphics and photos. While they may not be as fast as other printers on the market, they can still output some amazing quality work that will meet any graphic designer’s standards!
How to Select the Best Printer for Graphic Design?
The best printer for graphic design is a multifunctional device that can print, scan and copy. Choosing the right printer can be a challenge because there are so many types of printers on the market.
The main types of printers are laser, inkjet and thermal printers. A laser printer uses toner to create pages and can print at high speeds. Inkjet printers use ink cartridges to produce images on paper. Thermal printers use heat to transfer images onto special paper.
There are other options for graphic designers too, including large format plotters and digital presses. Large format plotters are used for creating signs and banners, while digital presses are used for printing posters or signs for business owners.
When choosing your printer, you should consider how often you will be using it, how much money you want to spend and what software you will be using with it.
When you are looking for the best printer for graphic design, there are many things you need to consider before you make your final decision. These include:
Determine Your Budget
The first step in selecting an all-in-one printer is to determine your budget. The cost of printers varies greatly, with some models costing less than $100 and others costing several thousand dollars. The main factors driving cost are the type of ink cartridge used, the size of paper that can be printed on and the resolution at which images can be printed.
Evaluate Ink Cartridges
All-in-one printers use ink cartridges as their primary source of ink, so it’s important to evaluate them before purchasing a printer. Look at how much ink each cartridge holds and how much it costs to replace when empty. Some printers offer cheaper replacement cartridges than others, but they may have fewer pages per cartridge or require more frequent replacement.
Consider Paper Capacity And Type
All-in-one printers typically allow users to print on a variety of media types, including plain paper and photo paper (also known as glossy or lustre paper). Some also support specialty media such as envelopes and fabric sheets for sewing projects. It’s important to figure out how much paper you’ll need for each activity.
The image quality of a printer is measured by its dpi (dots per inch) resolution. This refers to how many dots can be printed on a single inch of paper. For example, a 300 dpi resolution means that 300 dots can be printed within an inch of paper. The more dots that are printed per inch, the sharper and crisper the print will be.
The cost of a printer is usually determined by its output quality, which is also known as its resolution (how many dots per inch). If you need to print high-quality images, then expect to pay more than if you only wanted to print text documents.
The speed at which a printer can print pages is measured in pages per minute (ppm). A fast printer might be able to print up to 30 pages per minute, while slower models can only do 10 ppm or less. Faster printers are more expensive but worth it if you need to print large amounts of content quickly such as emails or brochures for clients.
Best All-in-one Printers for Graphic Designers in 2022
There are many different types of printers on the market. Some are designed for home use and others for commercial use. In this article, we will look at some of the best all-in-one printers for graphic design.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one printer that can handle all these tasks, then keep reading!
We’ve rounded up our top picks for best graphic design printers on the market today. You’ll find information about each product’s features and capabilities as well as tips on how to choose between them based on your needs and budget.
As its function, this section explains how to select a printer for graphic design. Here is a list of the best printers for designers to save you time and effort.
When you’ve read all the information about each choice below, you can decide which one you prefer.
1. Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Wireless Professional Color Photo Printer
- With PANORAMA PRINTING print up to a custom size of 13” x 39”.
- With a enhanced 8-color dye-based ink system, you’ll enjoy rich, vibrant professional printing, every time.
- The PIXMA PRO-200 is also fast and efficient, delivering high quality bordered A3 plus prints in just 90 seconds.
- Use Canon’s Professional Print & Layout (PPL)2 software to easily make great prints. PPL’s intuitive interface takes the hassle out of finding the correct print settings so you spend more time on your art and not on settings.
- Compatible with a wide range of media and sizes, your can print borderless up to 13”x19” or a custom size up to 13” x 39”.
You may print many wonderful things with the Canon PIXMA PRO-200!
The printer’s exceptional printing capabilities can be used by photographers and graphic designers alike. This printer can print a 13″x19″ photo, which is a remarkable quantity.
One of the aspects of the Canon PIXMA PRO-200 that I appreciate the most is its portability. Only 15 pounds make up the weight of this small and light equipment. Additionally, it produces more beautiful photographs than a typical printer. Continuous printing is made possible by having 150 sheets of paper at once.
It is incredibly straightforward and simple to use, even for beginners. The printing option that will enable you to accomplish your objectives is Canon.
2. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- Creativity made easy print on specialty paper (1) and DVDs; Plus, borderless photos upto 8 inches X 10 inches
- Superior photo quality print stunning photos Plus Sharp text for eye catching documents
- Convenient, hassle free features use the large, intuitive 4.3 inches touchscreen to view, edit and Print photos directly from USB or SD card slot (2)
- Epson printing system is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. Use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s ltd. wnty.
- Designed for productivity at home 30 page auto document feeder; Auto 2 sided Print/copy/scan; Multiple media feeds
The Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 printer may appear to be compact. However, it still produces the best photographs and is highly adaptable.
It will be perfect for graphic artists who print regularly in terms of productivity and creativity.
This printer has a 30-page auto document feeder and is quiet and simple to operate. Additionally, digitizing documents rather than submitting the originals can save you a ton of time.
The outstanding color quality of XP-7100 photographs definitely distinguishes the camera from competitors. You can be certain that your work will stand out since this printer provides graphics and text quality that is above and above.
The printer has settings for printing on a range of additional paper types in addition to specialized paper.
3. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up this wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – Mobile printing from your device such as iPhone with AirPrint, or print without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- Wireless connectivity you can count on – Reliable wireless connectivity and lightning-fast setup with dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart, plus Ethernet capability for wired networking
- HP Instant Ink: Ink delivery service starting at three dollars per month; Original HP ink delivered before you run out; plus great savings on ink (optional)
- Print directly from SD card OR USB – Insert your SD card or USB to view, edit, and print directly from the color touchscreen using dedicated paper trays that automatically adjust to match print settings and paper type
It’s a great choice for graphic designers. In addition to being an excellent printer, the HP Envy 7855 is extremely reasonably priced.
Additionally, the HP Envy 7855 functions as a scanner and a copier. With these features, designers can use these tools to do more office-related administrative chores.
The printer can be used as an all-in-one printer by connecting it to a computer. The printer not only creates vivid colors, but also superb photo quality. Fans of graphic design should think seriously about this printer.
You can print multi-page contracts and photo albums from your home or place of business if you have an HP Envy 7855 printer. With its fast document feeder, you may print from both your home and your workplace.
4. Brother MFC-J5330DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
- FOR USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE INKS: LC3019Y, LC3019M, LC3019C, LC3019BK, LC30193PK, LC3017Y, LC3017M, LC3017C, LC3017BK, LC30173PK, LC30172PK
- 250 SHEET PAPER TRAY: The MFCJ5330DW Color Inkjet has a 250 sheet capacity paper tray and a single sheet bypass tray for envelopes and card stock. Output Paper Capacity (sheets) - 100
- SHARP INKJET PRINTS: The Brother Business Smart Series All in One Inkjet produces sharp black text and high impact color documents on plain paper
- AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT ENABLED: Upon activation, Amazon Dash Replenishment measures the toner level and orders more from Amazon when it’s low
- BUSINESS SMART ALL IN ONE INKJET: The Brother Business Smart Series is designed for maximum efficiency, reliability, and performance
The Brother printer gives your workspace flexibility and efficiency when it comes to handling even the biggest creative tasks. The machine can handle paper that is roughly 11×17 inches. Both sides can be printed. The printer will be useful to graphic designers.
The mobile device functionality permits printing many works at once for a home office or design team with multiple designers using mobile devices. Additionally, the high-yield inks enable faster printing.
The Brother MFC-J5330DW can print using card stock instead of paper. As an extra convenience, a paper tray containing 250 pages is included. For copying, printing, and scanning tasks, the 2.7″ touchscreen display is ideal.
5. Canon Pixma TS6320 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer
- A five individual ink system allows you to print sharp Black text documents and vivid color photos, and when an ink tank runs out you only need replace that specific ink tank compared to a partially used tri-color cartridge
- Save 10 percentage on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment; Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; No subscription fees; Cancel anytime
- With a 1.44” OLED display and LED status bar easily navigate and view your printer status. The OLED display displays deep, accurate color and the LED status bar provides simple printer status information – even from across the room
- With an auto expandable output tray, this printer is made for smartphone & tablet printing. Even when the printer is powered down – simply press print and the Pixma TS6320 will power on and output tray automatically extend ready to ‘catch’ your prints.
The Canon Pixma TS6320 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer is a versatile, easy-to-use printer that can print and copy documents and photos. It features a 2.5″ LCD screen that allows you to preview your work before printing it out. The printer also has an auto-duplexing feature that allows you to print on both sides of the page with ease.
This printer uses six ink cartridges: a black cartridge, cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan and light magenta. Each cartridge has its own individual ink tank so you don’t have to worry about running out of ink in the middle of printing something important.
The Canon Pixma TS6320 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer comes with a CD containing software for both Mac and Windows operating systems. It works well with both Mac OS X 10.4 or later versions and Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 operating systems.
6. Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Color Wide-Format Inkjet Printer
- CD/DVD printing; Refer user manual under technical specification
- Borderless, Hi-Def photos up to 13 inch x 19 inch
- Wireless printing with Wi-Fi
- 6-color Claria ink
- Print and share from your smartphone, iPhone, tablet and other mobile devices — no computer necessary
Using six different ink cartridges, this printer produces images that are more accurate and bright.
Graphic designers and technical users will appreciate the printer’s ability to print large pictures up to A3.
Unlike photos taken in a photo studio, the images created have the best quality and can last up to three times longer.
The printer may be used to improve photographs using a number of techniques, such as automatic lighting and color correction.
7. Brother MFC-J470DW Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer
- Duplex (2-sided) Printing
- Fast Color Printing on Demand
- All-in-one: Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- Easy Wireless Setup
- Convenient Mobile Device Printing
In addition to printing and copying documents, this multifunction device can scan, copy, and fax as well. The printer is capable of printing in both directions, as well as having a document feeder. Wireless or mobile printing can be set up in a matter of minutes.
The MFC-J470DW has a built-in USB port. If you decide against using wireless or mobile printing, an additional USB cable will be required because there isn’t a front-panel USB port.
Although this printer has a low resolution of 6,000 x 1,200 dpi, it prints with good color accuracy. The colors in a photograph are more vivid than on a blank piece of paper.
The printer uses one pigment black ink, three dye-based inks, and one dye-based ink. The MFC-J470DW is an all-in-one printer that combines efficiency and speed as one of the fastest in its price range. In less than a minute, a 4 x 6 inch photo can be printed.
Investing in high-yield Brother replacement ink cartridges helps reduce overall operating costs. This is a trustworthy cheap printer.
For graphic designers seeking for an economical drafting printer, the model supplied by this manufacturer can be a decent choice.
The MFC-J470DW is a highly capable device in most areas, although it is not particularly strong in any.
8. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One Printer
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience; Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges (1) – that’s enough to print up to 4,500 pages black/7,500 color (2), equivalent to about 90 individual ink cartridges (3)
- Impressive Print Quality ― Unique Micro Piezo Heat-Free Technology produces sharp text – plus impressive color photos and graphics – on virtually any paper type
- Modern Connectivity ― Features wireless, plus hands-free voice-activated printing (5). Easily print from your smart device (6) with the intuitive Epson Smart Panel App (7)
- Built-in Scanner & Copier ― High-resolution flatbed scanner and a color display for easy document copying and navigation
Epson’s EcoTank ET-2720 is one of the best printers for graphic artists. It has become the market leader because to all of its noteworthy features and effectiveness. As a result, Epson ink, which minimizes ink expenses, is recommended. It includes a big ink tank that carries more ink, so you can print for longer.
A total of 2 years of continuous printing is achievable using the ink that comes with the printer. You may print 7,500 colored pages with 4,500 black and white sheets in the ink box. The printer is simple to use and is portable. The printer can be fixed in your office or study, and it can print professionally.
Additionally, users can print wirelessly from the printer using their iPads, tablets, or smartphones.
9. Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20 24” Inkjet Printer
- Wireless printing
- Free poster creation software
- Print 104 24x36 posters per hour (31 Sec/ D sized print)
- Paper roll size: 8"-24" (2” Core)
- Over dollar 250 worth of ink included
The Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20 24” Inkjet Printer is a high-quality printer with a great design and powerful features. The Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20 24” Inkjet Printer offers outstanding accuracy, fast printing speeds, and an affordable price.
If you are looking for a high-quality printer that can produce professional results, then the Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20 24” Inkjet Printer is your best choice.
This printer has been designed to deliver high quality prints with accurate color reproduction and excellent detail. It also comes with built-in Wi-Fi support so you can connect it to your home network or office network easily.
The Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20 24” Inkjet Printer is designed for both home and office use, making it ideal for graphic designers who need to print large size photos or artwork on a daily basis.
10. Lexmark MC3224DWE Color Multifunction Laser Printer
- Secure. Includes Lexmark’s full-spectrum security architecture keep your information safely The document, on the device, over the network and at all points in between.
- Multifunction color compact device that fits almost anywhere and can print, copy, and scan with a tray capacity up to 250 pages, plus single-sheet feeder with a color touch screen
- Environmentally friendly. Rated EPEAT Silver and energy Star Certified with Lexmark toner cartridge recycling available. That benefits the planet and your budget.
- Form Factor: All-in-One
- Wireless. Setup is fast and easy. Standard Wi-Fi makes it easy to print from mobile devices. Usb and Ethernet connectivity also available. Mobile support via Lexmark mobile print app, Morea, Air Print, and Google cloud Print
The Lexmark MC3224DWE Color Multifunction Laser Printer is a great all-in-one printer for graphic design students. It has a print speed of up to 32 pages per minute, which is faster than any other printer on this list. It also has an automatic document feeder (ADF) that allows you to scan documents and copy them without having to manually place them in the feeder yourself.
This printer comes with several software programs, including Adobe Acrobat Standard and Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016. This means that you will be able to open and edit your files without any trouble at all.
The MC3224DWE does not come with many extra features, but if you are looking for a simple printer that will allow you to print out your work quickly then this could be the perfect choice for you.
Frequently Asked Question FAQ?
Q: What is the best printer for graphic design?
A: The most important thing you need to know about printers is that they are not all equal. You can buy a $100 printer, and it will be faster and more accurate than a $50 printer. Even at the same price point, some printers are better than others. This is because the printer manufacturers have different priorities when creating their products. Some prioritize speed and accuracy, while others focus on low cost.
All-in-one printers are a good choice for graphic designers because they combine many different functions into one device. They include scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities along with printing. In addition to this, they often have built-in memory card readers that allow you to connect your smartphone or tablet directly to them without having to use a cable or adapter.
Q: Are all-in-one printers better than separate ones? Why?
Answer: It is true that all-in-one printers are more convenient than separate ones because they take up less space on your desk and eliminate clutter by bringing everything into one place instead of spreading it around several different devices, such as an inkjet printer, scanner, and copier, all of which require separate units.
Q: Can I print on both sides of the paper?
A: Yes, you can. The printer offers a double-sided printing feature. You can also set up single-sided printing, then get a sheet feeder that allows you to pick up pages when they come off the printer and you load them up in the order you prefer.
Q: Can I use my own paper with an All-in-One Printer?
A: Yes! Most AIOs have either trays or drawers that hold up to 250 sheets of plain paper or specialty papers like photo paper, envelopes, card stock or labels/stickers. Some even have duplexing capabilities so you can print on both sides of the page automatically!
Q: What are some of the advantages of choosing an all-in-one printer?
A: All-In-One printers are generally more affordable than buying separate components for your home office or small business. Many models also offer fax capabilities and scan functionality as well as printing capabilities. This can be very helpful if you need to scan documents that need to be sent through email or faxed quickly.
Q: What types of media can I use with my All-In-One Printer?
A: Most All-In-One Printers will support various media types including plain paper, envelopes, labels and photo paper so long as your model supports them. Some models also offer special media types such as card stock or high quality photo paper which may not be.
Some of the best printers for graphic design are the ones that can do it all. They can print, scan, copy and fax, so you don’t need to buy different machines for each task.
For example, if you’re a graphic designer who likes to make posters or invitations, you’ll probably want an inkjet printer with a large paper tray that can hold enough paper to print on both sides of each page.
But if you’re designing mainly digital files, then a laser printer might be more appropriate in terms of quality and speed.
All-in-one printers come in many shapes and sizes these days — from compact models that sit on your desk like an ordinary computer printers to larger machines that are designed for use in an office setting.